Last updated May 26, 2022
COVID Safety Plans
There are seven COVID-19 Safety Plans that are applicable UBC-wide and are updated by UBC Safety and Risk Services. Five of them apply at the College:
- Common Areas and Public Realm
- Housing/Student Residences
- Learning Spaces
- Offices/Administrative Areas
- Study Spaces
For details on each of the Safety Plans, see https://srs.ubc.ca/covid-19/covid-19-safety-plans/.
Please note that the above plans are UBC-wide and miss some local complexity at the College. Notable substitutions include:
“Building Operations” for “Student Housing and Community Services”(for facilities maintenance and cleaning/custodial); “Function Responsibility Form” for “Event Request Form”; and “Residence Life Manager” for different substitutes (please inquire at the College office for clarification if needed).
COVID-19 Campus Rules
See the COVID-19 Campus Rules.
- Masks in indoor public spaces. This is in effect until June 30, 2022.
- Daily health self-assessments: A daily self-health assessment is required before attending campus, and is to be performed daily for those living on campus to monitor their condition.
- Stay home if you are sick: If you feel sick stay home use the Thrive Health self-assessment tool for guidance.
- Mandatory training: All faculty and staff currently working-on or returning to campus must complete the mandatory online training module “UBC Go Forward COVID-19 Safety Planning” training.
- Signage: Everyone must follow relevant signage when moving around UBC campuses or worksites.
- COVID-19 safety plans & communicable disease plans: Supervisors will ensure that all faculty, staff and contractors are familiar with the latest guidance from the Provincial Public Health Officer as it relates to their
COVID-19 Green College Residence Rules
For all residents living on contract, COVID-19 Residence Rules apply.
Any residents that test positive for COVID-19 should notify our Membership Coordinator. You can isolate in a shared roommate situation in your room if you develop symptoms while at the College; you cannot quarantine there if you are symptomatic and returning from travel. See isolation tips.
- To find the nearest vaccination clinic, see: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine
- Information on proof of vaccination requirements as mandated by the provincial government on August 23, 2021. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof
- Rapid antigen tests are available for free from participating pharmacies to UBC students, staff, and faculty. To see where, see: https://srs.ubc.ca/covid-19/covid-19-rapid-antigen-testing-kits/
- For private testing and testing for travel (e.g. asymptomatic tests), see: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing/where-to-get-a-covid-19-test-in-bc
- To assist with your daily self-assessment for COVID-19, see the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool.
- UBC has a web tool to help students see the services available to them.
- UBC Housing has a self-isolation website for UBC-Vancouver students looking for resources/support.