COVID Safety Plans
There are seven COVID-19 Safety Plans that are applicable UBC-wide and are updated by UBC Safety and Risk Services. Five of them apply at the College:
- Common Areas and Public Realm
- Housing/Student Residences
- Learning Spaces
- Offices/Administrative Areas
- Study Spaces
For details on each of the Safety Plans, see https://srs.ubc.ca/covid-19/covid-19-safety-plans/.
Please note that the above plans are UBC-wide and miss some local complexity at the College. Notable substitutions include:
- Substitute Building Operations for Student Housing and Community Services, for facilities maintenance and cleaning/custodial
- Substitute Function Responsibility Form with Event Request Form
- Residence Life Manager may have different substitutes; please enquire at the College office
COVID-19 Campus Rules
- Daily health self-assessments: A daily self-health assessment is required before attending campus, and is to be performed daily for those living on campus to monitor their condition.
- Stay home if you are sick: If you feel sick stay home use the Thrive Health self-assessment tool for guidance. Follow the advice from Public Health.
- Mandatory training: All faculty and staff currently working-on or returning to campus must complete the mandatory online training module “UBC Go Forward COVID-19 Safety Planning” training.
- Signage: Everyone must follow relevant signage when moving around UBC campuses or worksites.
- COVID-19 safety plans & communicable disease plans: Supervisors will ensure that all faculty, staff and contractors are familiar with the latest guidance from the Provincial Health Officer as it relates to their work areas.
- Non-medical masks: Non-medical masks are required in indoor common spaces
COVID-19 Residence Rules
For all residents living on contract, COVID-19 Residence Rules apply.
- Off-campus vaccination information and clinic locations: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine
- Information on proof of vaccination requirements as mandated by the provincial government on August 23, 2021. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof
- A web tool to help users see the service specific to them based on their location and type of help they are looking for. https://students.ubc.ca/health/finding-health-support
- A self isolation website for UBC-Vancouver students looking for resources/support. https://www.housing.ubc.ca/self-isolate/vancouver/