How do I apply?
There are two steps to apply:
- Submit your application via the UBC Student Housing and Hospitality Services (SHHS) website here.
- Send all supporting documents via email to email@example.com
The supporting documents you will need are:
- Personal statement of interest (500 words maximum one page long with word count bottom right), outlining your specific interdisciplinary interests or pursuits, extracurricular activities that demonstrate community involvement, and any relevant previous experience of living in an academic community or other communal environment.
Explain why you are interested in the College and how you intend to get involved in College life.
- Academic Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Transcripts for each post-secondary institution attended. We accept copies forwarded from the applicant's UBC home department (pdf by email)
- Two academic letters of reference. Copies of letters of reference used for application to the applicant's department at UBC will be accepted if sent directly from the department
- Personal letter of reference. The letter should come from someone who knows the applicant outside the classroom and can address the range and variety of their interests and their ability to contribute to a culturally diverse residential community such as Green College. Candidates are encouraged to refer their personal referee to the College’s website for information about the College.
Important: Files missing any of the documents listed above will NOT be reviewed by the Membership Committee.
When should I apply?
- Applications can be made at any time, though we encourage early application.
- Most applications for September admission are received between February and May.
- The Membership Committee meets monthly to review completed applications received by the 15th of the month.
- Applicants whose completed applications were received before the mid-month deadline will be notified of their status by the end of the month.