Green College at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, invites applications from Canadian and Indigenous writers for the position of Writer in Residence. Our residencies are for 3 months (Sept-Nov or Jan-March). For more details about our Call for Applications, please visit https://greencollege.ubc.ca/call-applications-2020-21-writer-residence
Completed applications must be received by 11:59 pm PST on Wednesday, January 29, 2020.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Active participant in the writing community
- A strong record of publication and community engagement
- Comfortable and willing to engage with the public one-on-one and in group settings
We invite applications from writers in all genres.
All documents must be in PDF format.
- A letter explaining your interest in the position, describing the writing project(s) you would undertake for the residency, and outlining a themed series of three public events (in addition to a reading from your own work).
- A resume listing your publications, public appearances, events hosted and organized, residencies, mentorship experience, and any other relevant experience.
- A sample of your published work not exceeding 25 pages in length
- Two arm’s-length letters of reference from persons able to speak of your abilities as a writer, presenter, mentor and host of community-oriented literary activities.
Applicants may alternatively submit hardcopy applications to:
Dr. Mark Vessey, Principal
University of British Columbia
6201 Cecil Green Park Road
Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z1